Mt. Clemens, MI - Macomb County has announced the 9th annual Macomb Business Awards, an in-person event slated for September 16, 2021 at Jimmy John's Field in downtown Utica.
“We’re happy to plan to bring the community back together, in-person, for the 2021 Macomb Business Awards,” said Vicky Rowinski, director of Macomb County Planning and Economic Development (MCPED). “It is important that we show Macomb businesses how thankful we are for their hard work and dedication this last year and that we recognize those who are innovative, resilient and community minded.”
This year’s nomination categories are as follows:
- Champion of Workplace Culture - Fosters a flexible and creative workplace that enables employees to balance work with their personal commitments.
- Hometown Hero - Supports/supported the community in an extraordinary way throughout the last year (i.e. pivoted to produce PPE or sanitation products; donated meals to first responders, etc.).
- Diversity and Inclusion Leader - Continuously cultivates a work environment where diversity is valued as evidenced by inclusive practices.
- Hidden Gem - A small business with 1-50 employees that offers a unique “made in Macomb” product or service that more people should know about.
- Manufacturer of the Year - A manufacturer or supplier of any size in any industry that is achieving success through its efforts to diversify its customer base, retain employees and/or implement new technologies or efficiencies.
- Trailblazer of Future Talent - Creates opportunities for the next generation of Macomb County’s workforce to explore career possibilities and experience work-based learning.
Nominations open on July 12 and close at 5 p.m. on July 30. The online application can be found here. Once the submission portal closes, the nominees will be reviewed by a panel of judges, who will then select the winners.
The Macomb Business Awards recognizes outstanding businesses that have made Macomb County their home. Last year, the event was held virtually due to COVID-19. However, this year nominees and attendees will be invited to an afternoon of fun at Jimmy John's Field in downtown Utica. The event will feature networking opportunities, as well as Josh Linkner as the keynote speaker, who will discuss relevant business topics.
MCPED is also seeking sponsors to help cover program expenses. For more information, please contact Maria Zardis at
About Macomb County Planning and Economic Development
The Macomb County Department of Planning & Economic Development supports an environment where businesses prosper and people thrive. Its activities and programs are focused on stimulating the local economy through business retention, expansion and attraction while improving the overall quality of life for residents. The department specializes in providing services to businesses at all stages of development with a concentration on the high-growth industries of aerospace, alternative energy, advanced manufacturing, defense and homeland security. For more information, call 586-469-5285 or visit: https://ped.macombgov.org/Ped-Home