Clinton Twp., MI - The Macomb County Office of Senior Services (OSS) has implemented a new system to improve volunteering for programs like Meals on Wheels, Friendly Caller and Handy Helpers.
“We are thrilled to announce our brand new volunteer portal called the MOW Scheduler," said Jon Carolin, volunteer coordinator for OSS. "This scheduler will have countless benefits for the organization and for our amazing volunteers.”
The MOW Scheduler allows volunteers to:
- Sign up to sub for additional assignments
- View upcoming shift commitments and past shift history
- Cancel upcoming assignments with ease
- Update contact information with the agency
- Set preferences for daily shift reminders. Choose to receive an email reminder the day before a shift, or a text message the day of, or both.
“The Office of Senior Services continues to make strides towards improving technology to enhance service delivery," said Sheila Coté, director of OSS. "The portal will give volunteers easy access to sign up and select volunteer activities they may be interested in.”
Long-time volunteer Linda Pletz said: “I love the option of viewing all the days of the months in advance. A great way for me to schedule substitute deliveries in various areas. I think it's a great program and will certainly enhance the entire MOW team."
Anyone interested in volunteering can learn more and complete an application on the OSS website.