Lansing, MI - Tax season is upon us, and Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel encourages Michigan residents to file their taxes early to help prevent tax-related identity theft and is reissuing tax season consumer alerts to ensure consumers are better prepared to protect their personal information.
Crime & Police News
Lansing, MI - Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel has joined a bipartisan coalition of 39 attorneys general in urging the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives to engage in meaningful debate and reform of the current practices of pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs).
Lansing, MI - Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel announced the findings of the Department’s investigation into Unlock Michigan.
Lansing, MI - On Tuesday, February 20, 2024, the U.S. Supreme Court entered an order denying petitions for certiorari filed by attorneys Sidney Powell and Lin Wood seeking to overturn sanctions imposed against them for filing a challenge to the November 2020 presidential election.
Lansing, MI - Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel has joined a coalition of 20 attorneys general calling on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to take urgent action to protect babies and young children nationwide from lead and other toxic metals in baby food.
Lansing, MI - A Troy grocery store manager has been charged with 1 Count of Embezzlement over $100,000 and 1 Count of Using a Computer to Commit a Crime in a case uncovered by the Department of Attorney General’s 'FORCE Team' and the Organized Retail Crime Unit, Attorney General Dana Nessel announced Friday, February 16, 2024.
Detroit, MI - On Wednesday, February 14, 2024, Steven Allen, 42, of Detroit, waived his preliminary exam and was bound over to stand trial in the 3rd Circuit Court in Wayne County on four felonies, facing allegations he embezzled more than $60,000 from his employer, a sitting Circuit Court judge, announced Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel.
Lansing, MI - Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel wants consumers to be on the lookout for scam emails that may contain her name.
- Livonia Counseling Service Owner Arraigned On Medicaid Fraud
- Detroit Woman Charged For Unlicensed Business Practices
- MI AG Joins Others Urging Funding For Victims Of Crime
- MI AG Issues Reminder Ahead Of Super Bowl On Online Gambling
- New Michigan Gun Laws Go Into Effect Feb 13, 2024
- Westland Woman Sentenced For Defrauding US Vet Affairs, MI Treasury
- Redford Twp Man Found Guilty Of Premeditated Murder
- MI Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In AG Appeal
- MI AG Wraps Identity Theft Awareness Week With Recovery Tips
- MI To Receive Nearly $11.7M In Opioid Crisis Settlement