Mt. Clemens, MI - Macomb County has announced that the annual Macomb Business Awards will be held Thursday, May 4, 2023. The event, which is now in its eleventh year, will return to the historic Emerald Theatre in Mount Clemens to recognize local businesses in a variety of categories.
“We were so proud to host the Macomb Business Awards in Mount Clemens, our County seat, last year,” said Vicky Rowinski, director, Macomb County Planning and Economic Development. “This year we’re thrilled to bring the event back to downtown so we can again highlight the city’s transformation, while celebrating local organizations that are outstanding in their field. From large manufacturers to small nonprofits to microbusinesses, we hope to put a spotlight on the best of Macomb County.”
Businesses and organizations can submit themselves for consideration in one of the following categories when the nomination period opens on February 8:
- Hidden Gem: A business with up to 50 employees that offers a unique Macomb County product or service that more people should know about.
- Hometown Hero: An organization that goes above and beyond to help their community by providing assistance, donations, volunteer and/or promotional support to a cause or for a local need.
- Manufacturer of the Year: A manufacturer of any size in any industry that is achieving success through its efforts to diversify its customer base and implement new technologies or efficiencies.
- Small But Mighty Award: A microbusiness with less than ten employees that is addressing a consumer need through its products or services. Must have a brick and mortar presence in Macomb County.
- Trailblazer of Future Talent: A company that creates opportunities for the next generation of Macomb County’s workforce to explore career possibilities and experience work-based learning.
- Workforce Champion: A company that demonstrates creativity in response to workforce needs, including talent attraction, employee retention and making a conscious effort to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace for all.
Nominations can be entered at MacombBusiness.com. The portal will close on March 3. All nominees will then be reviewed by a panel of judges. Recipients in each category will be announced during the awards program.
The Macomb Business Awards recognizes outstanding businesses that have made Macomb County their home. It will feature networking opportunities and presentations from leaders who will discuss relevant business topics. MCPED is seeking sponsors to help cover program expenses. For more information, please contact Chelssee Moreno at
About Macomb County Planning and Economic Development
The Macomb County Department of Planning & Economic Development supports an environment where businesses prosper and people thrive. Its activities and programs are focused on stimulating the local economy through business retention, expansion and attraction while improving the overall quality of life for residents. The department specializes in providing services to businesses at all stages of development with a concentration on the high-growth industries of aerospace, alternative energy, advanced manufacturing, defense and homeland security. For more information, call 586-469-5285 or visit: https://ped.macombgov.org/Ped-Home.