Lansing, MI - The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is recommending sexually active residents get screened for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) now and as part of their routine health care.
Mt. Clemens, MI - The Healthy Macomb Advisory Committee, a group of over 25 partner organizations that is led by the Macomb County Health Department, recently completed the 2024 -2028 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP).
Lansing, MI - The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is launching a campaign targeted at sharing information to Michigan residents about pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) which can prevent the spread of HIV.
Lansing, MI - The Michigan Public Health Week Partnership, a collaboration of 12 organizations working to increase the visibility of significant accomplishments in public health, is seeking nominations of individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to preserve and improve their community’s health for its annual Hometown Health Hero awards.
Mt. Clemens, MI - January is Radon Action Month, and the Macomb County Health Department is encouraging area residents to include radon testing among their resolutions for a healthy new year by giving away free home testing kits.
Lansing, MI - The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is bringing partners together from across the state in recognition of Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) month in January.
Pontiac, MI - Radon test kits are available for half price at Oakland County Health Division during National Radon Action Month in January.
Lansing, MI - The Michigan departments of Health and Human Service, Natural Resources and Agriculture and Rural Development are working with local health departments across the state to alert Michigan residents who purchased skunks in the past six months from Countryside Feather Farm/Roses’s Skunks in Attica, Mich., or through a Chesterfield Township/New Baltimore seller connected to Rose’s Skunks, that they could be exposed to rabies.
- Registration Now Open For 8th Conference On Suicide
- Michigan Launches Get Ahead Of Lead Strategy
- Reminder Issued In MI To Discard Applesauce That May Contain Lead
- Hepatitis A Confirmed At Pine Knob In Oakland County
- MDHHS Receives Federal Grant To Improve Snap Anti-Fraud Efforts
- Suspected Case Of Hepatitis A Exposure Reported At Pine Knob
- MDHHS Provides Tips On Health And Safety During Flooding Events
- Skunks In Macomb County Test Positive For Rabies
- MDHHS Issues Awareness Alert On Legionellosis
- 2023 Guides To Safely Eating Michigan Caught Fish Released