Mt. Clemens, MI - Macomb County Planning and Economic Development (MCPED) is excited to announce the 12th annual Macomb Business Awards (MBA), will take place Thursday, May 9 at Andiamo’s in Warren.
The Macomb Business Awards recognizes excellence in the business community, such as striving to build a workforce, expand market share, being good neighbors, embracing diversity or starting a business.
Businesses and organizations can submit themselves for consideration in one of the following categories when the nomination period opens on Feb. 7:
- Best Place to Work: A company making a conscious effort to create a welcoming culture where all employees feel valued.
- Fueling the Talent Pipeline: A company creating opportunities for the next generation of our workforce through meaningful career exploration experiences.
- Hidden Gem: A commercial business offering a unique Macomb County product, service or experience that deserves more recognition.
- Hometown Hero: An organization that goes above and beyond to make our community a better place through employee volunteerism or giving programs.
- Manufacturer of the Year (presented by Macomb Next): A manufacturer achieving success through its use of modern, smart technology to adapt to industry demands and diversify its customer base.
- Nonprofit of the Year: An organization that addresses an important need and plays a vital role in our local community, by contributing significantly to the well-being, vitality and growth of Macomb County. Must be a 501(C) organization.
- Startup of the Year: A company, in operation for three years or less, providing products or services that have the most promising potential for success.
Nominations will remain open through 11:59 p.m. on March 1.
“With this annual awards program, we honor the hard work, success, dedication and sacrifice of our business community,” MCPED Director Vicky Rowinski said. “It is always one of the highlights of the year for our department.”
Self nominations can be made by friends, colleagues, customers and even the business itself. In fact, self nominations are encouraged. To submit a nomination and instructions for the nomination process can be found on the Macomb Business Awards – How the program works page. Please note, only one nomination per organization is permitted.
MCPED is currently seeking sponsors for this year's event. For more information, contact Project Manager Lauri Morley at