Detroit, MI - The City of Detroit will observe Veterans Day today, Thursday, November 11, 2021, with most operations suspended for the day. However, a number of City operations will continue during the holiday.
These operations will continue:
- Normal Police, Fire, and Water and Sewerage services will be provided.
- The Department of Public Works (DPW) will collect refuse, bulk, yard waste and recycling as normally scheduled. For additional information regarding the DPW, visit Department of Public Works
- The Department of Transportation (DDOT) will operate bus service as normally scheduled. Riders can visit the department webpage at Department Of Transportation for bus schedules.
- The People Mover remains closed for now. The Detroit Transportation Corporation administrative offices also will be closed on Nov. 11.
- The Ford Underground and Eastern Market garages will be closed. In addition, motorists will have free parking at meters across the city since there is no meter enforcement on Veterans Day. Normal operations resume Friday, November 12. Visit the Municipal Parking Department for more information.
Many City services, such as tax and fee payments, permit applications and obtaining DDOT passes, are available at your convenience online at www.detroitmi.gov.
Residents wishing to make a request for service, such as removal of illegal dumping, reporting a non-working streetlight, abandoned vehicle or other issues, are encouraged to use the Improve Detroit app.