Livonia / Huron Twp., MI - Bridge work continues along the I-275 project from 6 Mile Road to S. Huron Road in Wayne County.
6 Mile Road bridge:
Southbound I-275 will have only one lane open from 7 Mile Road (Exit 169) toward 5 Mile Road 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Friday, Aug. 18, and from 6 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 19, to 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 21. Crews will be removing concrete on the west end of the 6 Mile Road bridge railing and pouring new concrete. The east end of the 6 Mile Road bridge will be addressed in September.
Also closed during this time will be the westbound 6 Mile Road ramp to southbound I-275 and the eastbound 6 Mile Road ramp to northbound I-275.
Northbound I-275 will also be reduced to one lane approaching Ann Arbor Road (Exit 28) to 5 Mile Road while crews remove the temporary barrier wall and reconfigure traffic for the next phase of work.
6 Mile Road ramp detours:
- Northbound I-275 traffic will be able to exit to eastbound 6 Mile Road (Exit 170) but access to westbound 6 Mile Road will be blocked. Detour: Take westbound 7 Mile Road to southbound Haggerty Road to reach westbound 6 Mile Road. An alternative is to take eastbound 6 Mile Road to northbound Newburgh Road, then westbound 7 Mile Road to southbound I-275 to reach westbound 6 Mile Road.
- Southbound I-275 traffic will be able to exit to westbound 6 Mile Road (Exit 170) but access to eastbound 6 Mile Road will be blocked. Detour: Take northbound Haggerty Road to eastbound 7 Mile Road, then southbound Newburgh Road to reach eastbound 6 Mile Road.
S. Huron Road bridge:
Beginning Monday, Aug. 21, through October, northbound and southbound I-275 will each have only one lane open 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. daily between Willow Road and Sibley Road (Exit 13).
Beginning 7 a.m., Monday, through late October, the S. Huron Road bridge over I-275 in Huron Charter Township will be closed, along with the southbound I-275 ramp to eastbound S. Huron Road (Exit 11A).
Westbound S. Huron Road traffic will be detoured via northbound I-275 to westbound Sibley Road, then southbound I-275 to S. Huron Road.
Eastbound S. Huron Road traffic will be detoured via southbound I-275 to eastbound Will Carleton, then northbound I-275 to S. Huron Road.
Ongoing ramp closures:
- The eastbound and westbound US-12 (Michigan Avenue) ramps to northbound I-275 are closed. Detour: Take southbound I-275 to eastbound Ecorse Road to reach northbound I-275.
- Northbound I-275 Exit 22 to US-12 (Michigan Avenue) is closed. Detour: Take northbound I-275 to westbound M-153 (Ford Road) (Exit 25), then southbound I-275 to US-12 (Michigan Avenue) (Exit 22).
- Northbound I-275 Exit 28 to Ann Arbor Road is closed. Detour: Take northbound I-275 to westbound M-14 (Exit 29), then southbound I-275 Exit 28 to Ann Arbor Road.
- The eastbound and westbound Ann Arbor Road ramps to northbound I-275 is closed. Detour: Take southbound I-275 to eastbound M-153 (Ford Road) (Exit 25) to reach northbound I-275.
- The eastbound I-96/M-14 ramp to northbound I-275 should reopen Monday, Aug. 21.
- 6 Mile Road will have one lane open over I-275 after Saturday night. Also, the eastbound 6 Mile Road ramp to northbound I-275 and the westbound 6 Mile Road ramp to southbound I-275 remain closed.
This work is part of the Revive275 project. Based on economic modeling, this $270 million investment is expected to directly and indirectly support 3,267 jobs. Project information can be found at Revive275.org. Funding for this project is made possible by Rebuilding Michigan program to rebuild the state highways and bridges that are critical to the state's economy and carry the most traffic. The investment strategy is aimed at fixes that result in longer useful lives and improve the condition of the state's infrastructure.