Livonia, MI - Beginning at 6 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 5, through mid-November, the Michigan Department of Transportation will be closing the northbound I-275 ramps (Exit 29) to both eastbound I-96 and westbound M-14 for bridge work.
Traffic will be detoured further north on I-275 to westbound 7 Mile Road (Exit 169A), then southbound I-275 to the exit ramps to eastbound I-96 and westbound M-14. See: map of area.
On Wednesday, Sept. 6, the southbound I-275 ramp to eastbound I-96 will be reduced to one ramp lane from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Beginning 6 a.m. Monday, Sept. 11, northbound and southbound I-275 will each have one lane open between Will Carleton Road and Northline Road for bridge painting. These lane closures are expected to end in early October.
Then starting at 7 a.m. Monday, Sept. 11, through 5 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 12, the eastbound Eureka Road ramp to northbound I-275 and the westbound Eureka Road ramp to southbound I-275 will be closed, with Eureka Road reduced to one lane over I-275. Eastbound Eureka Road will be detoured via southbound I-275 and eastbound Sibley Road to northbound I-275, while westbound Eureka Road will be detoured via northbound I-275 and westbound I-94 to southbound I-275.
Ongoing ramp closures:
- The eastbound and westbound US-12 (Michigan Avenue) ramps to northbound I-275 are closed. Detour: Take southbound I-275 to eastbound Ecorse Road to reach northbound I-275.
- Northbound I-275 Exit 22 to US-12 (Michigan Avenue) is closed. Detour: Take northbound I-275 to westbound M-153 (Ford Road) (Exit 25), then southbound I-275 to US-12 (Michigan Avenue) (Exit 22).
- The eastbound and westbound Ann Arbor Road ramps to northbound I-275 are closed. Detour: Take southbound I-275 to eastbound M-153 (Ford Road) (Exit 25) to reach northbound I-275.
- 6 Mile Road has one lane open over I-275 and the eastbound 6 Mile Road ramp to northbound I-275 remains closed.
- Northbound and southbound I-275 will each have only one lane open 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. daily between Willow Road and Sibley Road (Exit 13) through Sept. 11.
- The Huron Road bridge over I-275 in Huron Charter Township is closed, along with the southbound I-275 ramp to eastbound S. Huron Road (Exit 11A). Detour: Westbound S. Huron Road traffic will take northbound I-275 to westbound Sibley Road (Exit 13), then southbound I-275 to S. Huron Road (Exit 11B). Eastbound S. Huron Road traffic will take southbound I-275 to eastbound Will Carleton Road (Exit 8), then northbound I-275 to S. Huron Road (Exit 11).
This work is part of the Revive275 project. Based on economic modeling, this $270 million investment is expected to directly and indirectly support 3,267 jobs. Project information can be found at Revive275.org. Funding for this project is made possible by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's Rebuilding Michigan program to rebuild the state highways and bridges that are critical to the state's economy and carry the most traffic. The investment strategy is aimed at fixes that result in longer useful lives and improve the condition of the state's infrastructure.