Wixom, MI - The I-96 Flex Route project requires reducing westbound I-96 to one lane from I-275 to Wixom Road from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, June 18, while crews place pavement markings along westbound I-96 to ready for the next stage of work.
For worker safety, the following ramps will be closed intermittently 6 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday:
- Northbound I-275 to westbound I-96,
- Northbound M-5 to westbound I-96,
- Southbound M-5 to westbound I-96,
- Novi Road to westbound I-96, and
- Beck Road to westbound I-96.
As part of this project, the westbound I-696 ramp to westbound I-96 will be reduced to one lane through late fall 2022.
After 3 p.m. Saturday, westbound I-96 will have two lanes open from I-275 to Kent Lake Road through late fall.
Reminder, the following are still in place:
- Eastbound I-96 has two lanes open from Kent Lake to Wixom roads,
- Eastbound I-96 has three lanes open from Wixom Road to I-275,
- The eastbound I-96 ramp to Kent Lake Road is open,
- The Kent Lake Road ramp to eastbound I-96 is closed,
- The eastbound I-96 ramp to Milford Road is closed,
- The Milford Road to eastbound I-96 is closed,
- The eastbound I-96 ramp to Wixom Road is closed, and
- The Wixom Road ramp to eastbound I-96 is open.
Based on economic modeling, the I-96 Flex Route project and its $269 million investment is expected to directly and indirectly support 3,429 jobs.
There may be additional changes to this stretch of the project, for up-to-date information on the I-96 Flex Route, go to DrivingOakland.org.